Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Self Portrait Painting


In this project, we were told to put together all of the painting skills that we had learned previously. I could have done this if it were a drawing but painting makes the task much more difficult for me, personally. I find I am much less able to find the right shade or color when painting. I also, as I was unable to make a sketch before starting, made the proportions wrong so I had to redo the head and the eyes. I still have to make alterations to the entire face since some sizes or colors are still off. I did not find the first step of just putting on brown paint very useful although I understand why we did it. This has not been my most successful piece of work, which is understandable since I have rarely painted in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment